i FILE BANKRUPTCY IN 1999 AND IN 01/2000 IT WAS DISCHARGE. I WANT TO KNOW DO I HAVE A CHANCE AT GETTING A

Asked by 8uy1fn61, 76240 Thu Jun 4, 2009

HOME LOAN OR DO I NEED TO WAIT TILL IT GETS REMOVED FROM MY CREDIT FILE.

Answers

1
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jun 5, 2009
Bankruptcy does not automatically disqualify you from getting a loan.
If you have kept up with your payments (made them in a timely fashion) for the last couple of years, you have an excellent chance of getting a loan. The reason we can't say for sure is that we don't know if there are other things on your credit report besides the bankruptcy, whether you maintained the credit accounts that you established post-bankruptcy, and did not incur other judgments or negatives on your report.
You should ask your loan officer to pull your credit report or at least look at a copy yourself. You're entitled to pull a free copy of your credit report without scores, one from each of the bureaus every year. See if it looks clean. If a loan officer pulls it, you will know your scores, too.
Web Reference:  http://www.Mortgages-TX.com