employed with state of fla. over 2 yrs score is 640 and good income need a loan had a bkrp discharged in nov. 2009 any lenders im in fla? Cecilia M.

Asked by Cecilia M, Leesburg, FL Mon Jul 18, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gerry Suarez…, , Lake County, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011

Please refer to this link for a quick reference flyer an industry group (they're called Think Big/Work Small) created that tells you the basic timelines for obtaining a mortgage after BK or foreclosures:


As you will see there are a number of different factors that can affect your recovery time. Your best bet, as has been mentioned here, is to find a knowledgeable, reputable loan officer that can guide you based on your specific situation. If you wish to consider me I urge you to just Google my name and you will get a good idea of how I do business.

Thanks and best of luck with your credit recovery!
0 votes
Brenda Flagg, , Leesburg, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi Cecelia,
The best place for you to start is with a good lender. I recommend you call;
Courtney Wright
PrimeLending, A PlainsCapital Company
Ph: 239-425-1713
Fx: 866-997-4644
She will answer all of your questions and get you prequalified. She knows the programs to assist you in getting your mortgage. At that point just let me know and we will find the right home for you.
Best of Luck!
I hope to hear from you.
0 votes
Jim Richards…, Agent, Leesburg, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
You have to be out of the bankruptcy 2 years and a great payment history since then if you did not include your home in the bankruptcy. if you included your home it is 3 years. I will check with our lender to verify if it is from the filing date or discharge date.

If you have any questions please call me 352-874-7606

Jim Richardson
ERA Tom Grizzard, Inc.
0 votes
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Mon Jul 18, 2011
If it's a Ch 13 BK, FHA & VA loans permit financing even just after 12 months of payments, BK doesn't even have to be discharged. A Ch 7 BK due to extenuating circumstances just needs 12 months of re-established credit after the BK discharge.
0 votes
Ray And Karen…, Agent, Mount Dora, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi Cecilia!

Give Mary Rhodes a call.

She specializes in credit repair and offers FHA/VA and 100% Financing!

She'll take very good care of you. Mary's office is on 441 in Mount Dora.

Call her at 321-689-5754.

Good Luck!

Ray Levy
Coldwell Banker - Camelot Realty Mount Dora, FL
0 votes
Ron Beebe, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Downingtown, PA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
you will most likely have to be 2 years out from the bankruptcy discharge to apply for financing and then have a good letter of explanation to explain the BK.
Web Reference:  http://www.ronbeebe.com
0 votes
Joshua Leret…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Lakeland, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hello Cecilia,

It is very possible to obtain a home loan. FHA guidlines allow for a consumer to obtain a loan with only a year passed after a bankruptcy. We must speak about the cirucmstances though so please give me a call so we can discuss your particular situation.

Joshua A. Lerette
Senior Loan Officer
Residential Finance Corporation
800.930.7334 Ext. 1108 – Toll Free
813.402.4637 – Direct Line
727.488.7355 – Cell
888.692.5967 – Fax
0 votes
Deniserimmer, , Orlando, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Your BK needs to be 2 years old so November 2011 you will be good to go. A Great lender in the Central Florida area is Dawn Japhet with Homebanc 407-474-1737. If you are moving to this area and need help finding a home please feel free to give me a call. There is never a charge for a buyer when using a real estate agent. Thanks, Denise Rimmer / I-net Realty, Inc 407-702-3114
0 votes
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Was your bankruptcy a Ch 13 or 7? If it was a 7, what was the cause of the bankruptcy? Was there a mortgage included at all?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Financing in Leesburg Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more