does any real estate agengy give any type of discount for soldiers coming home from deployment. if so what is

Asked by Darrin, Greensburg, PA Thu Feb 26, 2009

the difference and the save %?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Darrin, If you are looking for financing you should see if you qualify for a VA to the loan officer who answered your question.
If you are looking to use a buyer's agent, you can ask the agent if they have any incentive for you .The seller pays the listing agent who pays the buyer's agent but your agent may offer you an incentive depending on state law.
Web Reference:
0 votes
David Chambe…, , Saint Petersburg, FL
Fri Feb 27, 2009
I will give a discount to any service member coming back, I will not charge any upfront points and will take no more that 1 point on the back end from the lender regardless of price long as it doesn't cost me money to do the loan when we figure in processing cost.

David Chamberlain
0 votes
Tina D'Amato, Agent, Sciota, PA
Thu Feb 26, 2009
HI Darrin,

There are quite a few services out there that you can benefit from. One in particular that I have dealt with quite a few times is USSA. There company ONLY deals with Men and Woman that has served for our country. (They will also deal with friend and family of someone from the military) They have an amazing benefit package. The last deal I did with them, the buyer actually recieve money back from them at closing and he did not put any money down or pay for his closing costs(which is typical through a va loan). If you need there phone number I will be happy to get it for you. There service is immpecable.

If you are a buyer, there are no fees involved to use a Real Estate Agency. The seller pays our fees.


Thank you,

Tina D'Amato

Direct 570-807-8631 Anytime!
0 votes
Mim Heisey, , Shippensburg, PA
Thu Feb 26, 2009
Good question Darrin!
THere are VA financing programs available for veterans, and many of us use them regularly to help our armed forces clients purchase homes.
Are you talking about a sales commission on a home you are selling? As mentioned below, most real estate transaction sales commissions are paid by the seller. If you are in that position, I would suggest calling a Realtor that you have gotten good reviews on--( ask around for who family and friends recommend) and approach them with that question.
We are all very proud and thankful for our men and women who are serving us overseas, and I rather imagine you would get a good response from many agents.
Thanks for asking!
0 votes
Don Mcilwain, , 15601
Thu Feb 26, 2009
Hi Darrin,

The brokers fee in a transaction are normally paid by the seller. There are programs available to veterans with attractive mortgage rates and there also are first time buyers programs. It will be best to sit down with a mortgage agent to review these programs to see which is best for you. Also there is the new program to give you a tax credit of 10% of the purchase price or up to a maximum credit of $8000.
Give me a call on my cell phone 412 916 9155 if you would like me to guide you through the process.
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Feb 26, 2009

Thank you for serving your country.

We are not familiar with any may be onto something. I like the idea of supporting our veterans from this perspective and will be presenting it to our company.

Great idea,
Bill Eckler
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Financing in Greensburg Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more