Financing in 91803>Question Details

Kak Wnwn, Home Buyer in nowhere, ca

can i lower my property taxes?

Asked by Kak Wnwn, nowhere, ca Fri Feb 15, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 91803

Help the community by answering this question:


the site is the webs largest source for property tax advice to fairly and accurately pay your share of property taxes.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Well I thought this was helpful for when I was looking. There extremely private unlike the other sites out there. free property tax report doesn't store or record any information, it says that in there privacy policy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 6, 2009
Hello Mr. Wnwn,
If you email your address I can check the value for you. My email is Two questions:

What was the purchase price and what year did you purchase your home? I will also email the application to you. Your best bet is to go down personally and get it register so that you don't get any excuses...

BTW: I must warn you that based on recent cut backs, you might get an I owe you... : )
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 23, 2009
LA county assessment is not accurate. You have to ask for the reduction so it is correct and backed up with data. That is what I do.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 8, 2008
The assessor in LA County has already re-assessed properties purchased in the last few years. Your profile doesn't say where you live, but I am sure your county has a website that has an appeals policy.

Below is LA county's.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 4, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I am also a state licensed appraiser and can assist you in this. My website shows and talks about this. Email me and I can assist you
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 4, 2008
Yes, if the property has gone down in value from the original purchase price...proposition 8 allows the application of a reassesment. I think it would be best to wait until the end of this year or early next year to applly...when the value is closer to the bottom. In several years, when the county feels the property value has gone well above your original purhcase price, they revert back to the tax amount you had before you applied for the reduction.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2008
There was an article recently in the LA Times that discussed this very issue. The article said that the Assessor's office in Los Angeles had been getting hundreds of requests from homeowners to have their properties reassessed to current market value. (They also talked about how this would create a real budget shortfall for the county because they were anticipating getting much less tax money from homeowners in the next year...less money for schools, firefighters, etc.) I am posting a link to the Assessor's website where you can explore your options. Right at the top there is a link called "Information on Decline in Value Reasessments."
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2008
YOu can get a current appraisal on your property and if it appraises for less then take it to the tax dept. in your county and they should lower your taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2008
Every locality has a system in place for home owners to challenge their taxes. There is generally a short designated period of time to present your case. Contact your area tax department and find out the specifics and then build your case by examining the local tax records to identify information that supports your position.

Good luck.

The "Eckler Team"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer