Yes you can get a loan with 30% down. And actually as a Canadian citizen the american bank can request your credit report from Canada and use it as a basis of an approval as well. Do not go the HARD money way... HARD means high interest rate. Here's a list that will help you be prepared:
Foreign National Requirements
1. Legal full name_______________________________________________________
2. Current full home address_____________________________________________
3. If-current home address is less than two years need previous
4. Phone numbers: hm _________________________ wk ___________________________
6. Social security number if you have or ever had one____________________________________
7. Date of birth: ________________________________________
8. Employment or business information for two years:
d.How long in business or employed ___ / _____
e.Previous: ______________________________________how long ___/____
9. Copies of Borrower(s) valid ID two from this list: Valid Visa, Passport, Valid Work Visa, and Driver's License
(country of origin).
10. One document that confirms borrower's home address: Utility Bill, Property Tax Blll.or Credit Card
11. Original Reference Letters- All letters of reference are to be on company letterhead, dated and executed by the appropriate
parties. English translations are to be placed in front of the reference letters, two letters needed personal and two Bank
reference (not from a credit card company), both can be from country of origin or one can be from the US in each group but to start
we can use a fax or em ail copy and original to follow.
12. Asset Verification: 2 months Bank Statements, savings, etc. May be from county of origin, however, documentation must be translated and currency converted to US dollars. All funds must be sourced. Six months reserve required in a bank in the US. (ONLY FOR CLOSING)
13. Most open or have a Bank account here in the US.
14. Two years Income Verification: IF SELF-EMPLOYED: ORIGINAL ACCOUNTANT LETTER: Letter must explain borrower's source of income and
must include previous two years of income and current year to date income. All letters of reference are to be on company
letterhead, dated with legal name, length of time, position and percentage of ownership, executed by the appropriate parties.
English translations are to be placed in front of the reference letters. SALARIED EMPLOYEE: Letter from Employer stating current monthly salary, year to date and a valid pay stub(s) of one month employment also English translation.
15. Purchase/Sale Agreements- All pages including addendums and executed by all parties. Escrow letter and a copy of cancelled escrow check(s). Funds on deposit exceeding $15,000.00 will require sourcing.