can fees be split between buyer and seller?

Asked by equipt925, 23661 Sun Jan 13, 2013

Answers

5
equipt925, Home Buyer, 23661
Thu Jan 31, 2013
I've been reading advice. I signed a puchase agreement, however, was not aware that the seller could pay most or all of the fees with the exception of those not allowed by FHA. I was not told this, and now in limbo waiting for my agent to find a solution to this. If I was not told at this or it was not disclosed by my agent , what grounds do I have at this point if the sellers do not agree to help with these fees?
Charles Lewis, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Yes! Certain fees can. Their are also fees that a buyer is not allowed to pay for on VA & FHA.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sun Jan 13, 2013
By fees I'm guessing you're referring to closing costs?

If this is correct then the answer is yes a Seller can contribute to a buyers closing costs (in many instances for first time buyers where an FHA or VA loan is being used this is actually the common practice)

You as a buyer should speak with your lender who can advise you on what your buyer broker should write into your offer for Seller assistance, there's a limit to what a Seller can contribute and this is in large part based on the loan amount as well the specific type of loan you'd be getting.
Angie Harrin…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Yes. Most agents have prepared sellers to expect buyers to ask for them to pay the costs pre-paid expenses (such as taxes and insurance) associated with the sale. If you'd like more information or need any help, please get in touch.
John R Beave…, Agent, Portsmouth, VA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Absolutely. I always try to get the seller to contribute sufficient money to cover most, if not all, of the buyers costs.. This is part of the negotiation process that I do for my clients.

If you would like more information contact me at 757-812-0399.

John R Beavers,, Realtor
Heartland Realty LLC