can a non us national get a mortgage in fl?

Asked by Ken, Ireland, WV Sat Jan 12, 2008

Answers

6
Dane Hahn, Agent, Englewood, CO
Thu Jan 17, 2008
The direct answer to your question is yes, a non-national can get a mortgage in Florida.
The real question is what kind of down payment do you have, and what rate mortgage would be acceptable to you? Expect to put more money down and pay a little more for the mortgage than perhaps what you see advertised. But, yes--you can be a Florida property owner if you so choose.
Web Reference:  http://www.daneandsandra.com
John Alberts…, , 34223
Sun Jan 13, 2008
The short answer is yes depending on your financial situation and financial history.

I can show you properties in Southwest Florida which has some of the best prices for properties right now. I have a Mortgage Broker in place that can take your information and see what amount of money you qualify for as a mortgage.

When I get this figure you can tell me that you want to build your custom home that you have designed or we go out and find you a pre existing home that meets your needs and we submit a contract and negotiate for the price on the house.

After this step is completed we go through a process of inspection on he home and making sure the ownership of the property is clear for you to own it.

I would love to show you the beautiful Southwest Florida with its picture perfect beaches, numerous golf courses, or hundreds of other activities. Just contact me if you are interested. john.albertse@coldwellbankerflorida.com
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Jan 13, 2008
I just saw a 30% requirement from wachovia....
Jennifer Pow…, Home Buyer, Ormond Beach, FL
Sun Jan 13, 2008
Mortgages for foreign national borrowers are available, however, they are harder to find these days. I work for HSBC Mortgage which is one of the few companies that are still doing them. Depending on the occupancy type and the country you come from, we can do as little as 10% down. Please feel free to contact me either by cell (386) 882-5699 or email at jennifer.r.powers@us.hsbc.com for more information.
Jacqueline F…, , Kissimmee, FL
Sat Jan 12, 2008
Hello Ken,

Foreign Nationals qualify for mortgages all the time. Most of the lenders are asking for 20-25% down and to show 6 mos of payments in reserve in a U.S. bank account.
If you are looking in the Disney area, feel free to contact me.
Jackie@CinderellaRealtyFl.com
001-863-450-6449
Roberta Murp…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2008
I don't know why Florida would be any different from other states which offer mortgage financing for foreign nationals.

Generally, though, a minimum 30 percent down payment is required--at least with our buyers in San Diego.