can I get a va loan on a home that has 8 houses on a shared well agreement in Sahuarita,az.?

Asked by Oldie, Tumacacori, AZ Wed May 2, 2012

Answers

3
, ,
Thu May 3, 2012
Hi Oldie,

Here are the VA guidelines for shared wells.

Shared Wells
The following requirements must be met for a shared well:

• The well must be capable of providing a continuing supply of safe and potable water to each property simultaneously, so that each dwelling will be assured a sufficient quantity for all domestic purposes.
• There must be a permanent easement which allows access for maintenance and repair.
• There must be a well-sharing agreement which
 makes reasonable and fair provisions for maintenance and repair of the system and the sharing of those costs
 is binding on the signatory parties and their successors in title, and
 is recorded in local deed records.
Rebecca Pats…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Thu Dec 17, 2015
The answer is perhaps. In the VA handbook, the minimum property requirement standards are published. Regarding shared water supplies the handbook does not state a maximum for the number of shares but it does say that the water must meet health standards for the area, so likely water quality lab test will be required and it says that you must prove that the well can supply all the homes sharing it simultaneously - so that tells me that well equipment/flow rate testing results may also be required. Consult Chapter 12: Minimum Property Requirements VA Pamphlet 26-7, Revised. You can find it at http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/ if you want to research the topic more yourself. An experienced Realtor/buyer's agent and an experienced loan officer can help to guide you through the process of identifying a home and helping you through the process of getting it financed. If I can be of further service, please let me know.
Respectfully,
Rebecca Patsch, Senior Assoc Broker, Long Realty Company rebeccap@longrealty.com
http://www.rebeccap.longrealty.com
Sue Jones, Agent, Green Valley, AZ
Wed May 2, 2012
What a great question! I will check with a local lender and try to post an answer for you tomorrow. You can also call me if you like and I can refer you to a lender who can give you some specifics personally as well. Thanks for your question and have a great day!