can I close on my home with out my spouse texas?

Asked by j7y, Houston, TX Fri Jun 14, 2013

have been separeted for 5 years may be able to get him to sign a poa but I close in 7 days and I may need longer to get it, also will the title company accept an anullment from mexico

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jun 14, 2013
It's really in your best interest to consult with an attorney.....
1 vote
, ,
Fri Jun 14, 2013
The only person who can answer the question about the Mexican annulment is the title officer. You should expect them to ask for a certified translation, if they would accept it.
Didn't your loan officer warn you about this when you first did your loan application? I hope you didn't tell them your marital status was single then, and are only bringing this up so close to the end.

Good luck!
Barbara Coker
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas
Web Reference:
1 vote
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri Jun 14, 2013
You should consider consulting an attorney.
1 vote
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Jun 16, 2013
Contact the title company and have them discuss with their attorney's.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 |
websites: |
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more