With Bannk of America it is possible to refincance a home to a lower interest rate when you owe 262K and the actual market is 135K?

Asked by Elena Gutierrez, Colton, CA Fri Sep 30, 2011

I want an answer from a Bank of America Loan Professional only

Answers

3
, ,
Fri Sep 30, 2011
I don't think any BofA loan officers currently participate here at Trulia.

Here is a list of all "Mortgage Brokers & Lenders" which have "Bank of America" in their profile, sorted by "Activity Level": http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/-mortgage_broker_or_l… and I know the top 2 do not work at BofA any longer (you can confirm who any loan officer in the U.S. works for by using the http://nmlsconsumeraccess.org/ website), and everyone else there seems to have workED for BofA but not currently workING for BofA.

Bank of America has their normal branches, which I have found don't know much about their mortgage programs, and then they have their home loan locations, which all they do is mortgages and they know exactly what they can & cannot do. The closest one to you is in Redlands at 1980 Orange Tree Lane #101, phone # is 909.335.3820. I just called them because I was interested, and the gal who picked up said the max they can refinance is up to 105% LTV with the Making Home Affordable Program, even for people with their own mortgages they don't offer any other special refinance programs or go above 105% LTV on the special government program.

You may want to check out the web reference below, it was about a client of mine who has a BofA mortgage and was able to get a loan modification without ever having to go late on their mortgage and didn't even have to do a trial modification period. They did not contact the normal modification department, they contacted the BofA executives directly. So even though BofA's normal home loan & modification departments say something isn't possible, with the right approach and the right person helping you out, it can still be accomplished.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sun Oct 2, 2011
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Folks are abandoning BofA in droves what with all the shanigans they've been pulling on their customers lately.
Pamela Wiest, Agent, Victorville, CA
Fri Sep 30, 2011
Then you need to contact B of A which they will tell you know, but you could try a loan mod