Josh, Home Buyer in Cincinnati, OH

What's the best type of rental property to build in a neighborhood in Anderson Township?

Asked by Josh, Cincinnati, OH Fri Aug 3, 2007

I'm looking to buy a lot in Anderson Township with an existing structure (built in the 1930's) that needs to be knocked down, and build a new home there as a rental property. Existing property is 1.2 acres, but will likely only support one house (frontage, need for new pumping station if two homes built, etc.). What would be the best type of rental property to build there, and are there any good recommendations for local lenders who will provide construction loans? Will also need info on property management in the area. Thanks!

Answers

1
Vicki A. Jon…, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Thu May 8, 2008
Hi Josh~

Anderson is a wonderful area. In the Greater Cincinnati area in general - I always recommend 3 to 4 bedrooms with at least 2 full baths, especially if you have that much land to build on. Additional living space, such as finished basements with 1st level laundry, even 2nd level laundry level facilities is always a plus. Imagine buying a home for you to live in. It's the same standards for those renting homes. Not all renters are people who can't afford or don't qualify to buy. Some renters, have no desire to own. Most importantly, this area is a huge transitional town. We have large companies such as P&G, General Electric and Toyota hosting their home bases here and there are exec's moving in and out of the area often, and most often than none, will rent first, but need all the comforts of owning a home.

If you would like to discuss this further, email me at vicki.jones@cbws.com or call me directly at 513.527.9755. Good luck and I hope this helps.