Financing in Whitman>Question Details

Ianmerrill, Home Buyer in Whitman, MA

What percent down on a multi family home, using the HOMEPATH mortgage program, do i have to put down? My Fico is in the low 700's.

Asked by Ianmerrill, Whitman, MA Thu Jan 21, 2010

I'm located in Massachusetts, it's a legal 3 family, with a fourth unit not listed.

Answers

3
Hello-

With the Homepath loan you are looking at 3% down if it is a primary residence and 10% down for an investment property. So, unless you will be occupying one of the units you will need 10% down. The important thing to remember is that there is no PMI which saves a lot.

Feel free to contact me personally for more information, I am right down the street in Hanson and I've done quite a bit of research on this area!

(781) 812-4718
alyssaktichen@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 21, 2010
Hello Ian- The 3%/ 10% answers are correct. This is a great program, with no PMI needed.
If you'd like to deal with a local (Mass.) lender on this or anything, please feel free to contact me. Our main office is in Walpole.
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
that depends if you intend to live there or buy it for investment purposes. if for investment you will need a minimum of 20% if owner occupied you may qualify with 5% maybe less if you qualify for FHA. You should consult with a mortgage lender I'm not sure if FHA applies to owner occupied multis.
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com