What kind of mortgage interest rate can I expect after a foreclosure?

Asked by lucy, Estero, FL Thu Mar 7, 2013

It was 4 years ago and I have rebuilt my credit, have good income and a stable job. Any experienced mortgage brokers out there to give me advice? I see such great rates at the moment but don't know if I'll be hit with extra points because of my past foreclosure.

Answers

5
, ,
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Lucy,
Congrats on rebuilding your credit after such a tragic situation. I'm glad you were able to recover!
GOOD NEWS: You're eligible for several programs without any rate or points increase!

Most programs allow a you to obtain a mortgage (if you qualify) after only 2-3 years after a foreclosure as long as you have re-established your credit.: FHA, maybe USDA (depends on the area and your income).

I'll be happy to assist you anyway I can. Please feel free to contact me.

Joanne Brenenstuhl , Your trusted advisor for over 20 years
Sr. Mortgage Banker, Sales Manager/VP
The American Eagle Mortgage Co.
239-470-1711 jbrenenstuhl@aemc.cc
Apply at: http://www.aemc.cc/joannebrenenstuhl
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Hi Lucy,
My preferred lender has over 30 years in the industry and is in Lee County. Janie Wilder, Premiere Residential Mortgage, 239-464-4578 (cell).

You should have great expectations of getting the best rates possible because of your repair history.

I will be happy to work with you if you are not already committed to a Realtor to help you find the property you would like to get in to. I am providing you a website below which will give you access to SW Florida properties with the most up to date information and daily reports to keep track of your favorites until you get your pre-approval letter.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
239-464-8620
sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Try our preferred Lender...

Dawn M. Houser
Senior Mortgage Banker
Phone: 239-464-9455
Fax: 866-686-5382
Email: Dawn.Houser@aemc.cc

We soar above the rest!

International Center The Offices at Mercato
6804 Porto Fino Circle E2 9128 Strada Place, Suite 10106
Fort Myers, FL 33912 Naples, FL 34108
Office 239-434-0300 Ext 313 Office 239-434-0300 Ext 313

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Beverly LaLo…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Here's a great resource for you related to mortgages. His office is right in Bonita Springs and he's good at helping people with less than perfect credit.

Frank Grisafi
Inlanta Mortgage
FrankGrisafi@inlanta.com
239-936-4232

There are areas in Bonita Springs that qualify for USDA loans....give Frank a call!
, ,
Thu Mar 7, 2013
If it's been 4 years since your Foreclosure, then you are ready to go as a first time buyer. The rates have never looked so good! FHA rates are lower than Conventional rates but carry higher monthly mortgage insurance. VA loans only require 2 year season as a foreclosure and of course have no MMI. Let me know if you have any questions, we are licensed in FL and I am sure we help you lay out a road map to get you back in the saddle and on your way to homeownership again.

Best of Luck!