What is the different between apply CALHFA to approved lender and apply through mortgage agent / brokerage?

Asked by John, Mon Aug 11, 2008

first time buyer and with budget 500-650k house, 5-10% down, FIC0 scores over 760. Thank you and appreciate any anwser

Answers

5
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Jan 21, 2013
One difference in working with a loan broker VS. a direct lender is:

Many sellers will not entertain offers from buyers who have been approved by a loan broker. In fact many MLS listings will clearlystate ONLY OFFERS WITH APPROVAL FROM DIRECT LENDERS WILL BE CONSIDERED.

If you want to be competitive in this market, II suggest going with a direct lender.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Barbara Robb…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Wed Oct 22, 2008
I have used Countrywide, Jan Preslo for years for doing CALCHFA FHA and CALCHAFA Conventional loans to purchase. They offer great benefits and if you wanted to get some great information regarding the differences between these two programs I highly recommend you contact her. Countrywide fees are always reasonable and Jan has been doing this for 20+ years. I totally feel confident she could help you.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, E-Pro(R), SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
, , Sacramento, CA
Tue Aug 12, 2008
There is not much of a difference. Get and estimate from both and compare the fees. You should use someone you trust, and someone that you know has used. It is mostly about the service that the loan officer provides.
Oc Buyer, Home Buyer, CDM
Tue Aug 12, 2008
It sounds like he is asking what the advantages/disadvantages of working directly with a lender that does CALHFA vs working with a mortgage broker.
Cristal Drake…, , Fullerton, CA
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Hi John!
I am not sure that I am understanding your question. Are you asking the difference between CALHFA and FHA? I have some great lenders that are very familiar with all types of loans like this. I would be happy get you to the right people. My contact information is below if you would like to contact me for more information. Cristal Drake, Realtor...At Your Service!
Web Reference:  http://www.cristaldrake.com