What is a 203k loan? What are the pros and cons? Can i use that loan on a foreclosed home? Are they difficult to get?

Asked by Tynettamd, Greensboro, NC Fri Jul 29, 2011

My husband and I are preparing to buy a home. We have not been pre quailified because we still have credit issues to take care of and need help. We were watching the property borthers on HGTV and saw that they were bascially gettingpeople in their dream homes by purchasing run down homes with good bones and remodeling them, I looked into the 203k loan and it sounds nice, but what's the catch? HELP

At the point our credit situation is uncertain, so if all fails we plan to rent.

Answers

10
Dana Lindberg, Both Buyer And Seller, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Sep 8, 2013
An FHA 203k loan is offered by the federal government to help people buy and repair homes that need rehabilitation. I found a site which will give you a detailed guide and other valuable information about 203k loan. Check out http://www.cfs203k.com.
DO YOU NEED AN AFFORDABLE LOAN TODAY?

We have provided over $1 Billion in business loans to over 15,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $10,000 to a maximum of $200 million.

Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don’t know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Dr. Jayden Martin Home Loans is the answer. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Email (jaydenmartinhomeloans@gmail.com) Phone: +1 (929)277-5237

DO YOU NEED 100% FINANCE? we give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 2% JAYDEN MARTIN HOME LOANS, (jaydenmartinhomeloans@gmail.com) aims is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services.

Our services include the following:

*Truck Loans
* Personal Loans
* Debt consolidation loans
* Car Loans
* Business Loans
* Education Loans
* Mortgage
*Refinancing Loans
* Home Loans

We give you loan with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable. Email (jaydenmartinhomeloans@gmail.com) Phone: +1 (929)277-5237

NOTE:Bear in mind that it will only take less than 24 Hours to process your file is 100% Guaranteed no matter your Credit Score.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Jayden Martin
+1 (929)277-5237
We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your loans or finances.

Get your instant loan approval
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2019
A MUST READ: HOW I GOT MY LOAN OF $375,000.00 FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY CALLED LANDON LUIS HOME LOANS

Hello to All across the globe, I am Nancy White , from United State Of America, USA. I am a single mother of four kids and I was stuck in a financial situation and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not fall prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you will not hear from them again they have done it to me three times before i come in contact with Landon Luis Home Loans the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 72hours so I will advice you to contact Landon Luis Home Loans if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay them back on time you can contact them via email……… (landonluishomeloans@gmail.com) Phone: call/text+1 +1 (929) 377-6816 No credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Landon Luis Home Loans today for your loan

They offer all kind of categories of loan they

Short term loan (1_10years)
Long term loan (20_30 years)

They offer loan like

*Property Purchase loans................... Home loan............., Business loan........
Debt consolidation loan .......Refinance Loan..........,Business start up loan
Farm loan....... , Company loan..............Mortgages loan
construction loan.....car loan........ hotel loan....personal loans..property loans etc

Email..........(landonluishomeloans@gmail.com) Phone: call/text+1 +1 (929) 377-6816
When it comes to financial crisis and you need to be free from financial crisis then Landon Luis Home Loans is the place to go please just tell them that Nancy White direct you Good Luck....
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2019
URGENT LOAN OFFER APPLY NOW
Do you need a loan? This is certified loan company, guaranteed ,we operate international Loan company in different countries, and we give out loans to individuals, companies, establishments,business organizations and people of all sorts all over the globe. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem, Do you need financial solution Davide Owen LOAN FIRM is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy,cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan you require, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 3% interest rate.

interested applicants should contact us via Email:

loanservice123@outlook.com

Mobile number +1910 7184330

Warm Regards,
Davide Owen LOAN FIRM
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2019

Short term loan (1_10years)
Long term loan (20_30 years)

They offer loan like

Flag Mon Jul 15, 2019
NEED A LOAN?
Ask Me.

Here comes an Affordable and Legit Loan that will change your life for ever, I am Dave Logan a certified loan lender, I offer loan to individual and public sector that are in need of financial Assistance in a low interest rate of 2%. Bad credit acceptable,The Terms and Conditions are very simple and considerate.You will never regret anything in this loan transaction because i will make you smile. Email: (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com) have you been looking for a quick and legit loan online why don't you try Dr. Dave Logan loan company and be free from debts note getting a loan from this company is 100% assured and guaranteed. for the bible says””Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened”.so do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more.

We have provided over $50 Billion in business loans to over 25,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 72 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $10,000 to a maximum of $800 million.

Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don't know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Dr. Dave Logan Loan Home is the answer. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. contact us via Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 Email: daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com

Our services include the following;
Truck Loan
Personal Loan
Debt consolidation loan
Car Loans
Business Loan
Student Loan
Mortgage Loan
Refinancing Loan
Home Loan
Improvement loan
Construction Loan

Please if you are interested in our financial offer and delighted, do not hesitate to contact us if urgently in need of our service as they will be required to complete the following information to begin with the process of your loan therefore ultimately.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Dave Logan
Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690
Flag Mon May 20, 2019
Hello General Public We are a Christian organization formed to help people in need to help, such as financial assistance. So if you are going through financial difficulties or have any financial mess and you need money to start your own business or you need a loan to pay the debt or pay from your account at the beginning of a good deal, or you’re struggling to get loans from domestic banks, contact us today, email: {chryslerkingsfinance0@gmail.com} for the Bible says: “Luke 11:10 everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will open. so do not miss this opportunity, because Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever more. Please it for serious and God fearing people.

Mobile Number: +14097944376
Email us on: chryslerkingsfinance0@gmail.com
Flag Thu May 16, 2019
Kriston Gall…, Agent, greensboro, NC
Fri May 31, 2013
I am currently helping a buyer with a 203 Streamline. It is a GREAT way to go, but I will be HONEST and tell you ... it has not been the easiest process. I teamed up with a great lender who is very expert and it has helped tremendously. They take longer to close and require a lot of hard work and effort on everyone's end. You will need a contractor you can trust and a good team on your side. If you would like the lenders information, please email me kkgallop@yahoo.com. I would agree that they are under utilized in our market, but I think much of that is due to lack of experience. I am not as experienced in this arena as I would like to be and have not used this product very much in brokerage. I have ran across some local agents that are EXPERT in this area and would also be happy to refer an experienced agent for 203K loans.
Thomas Young, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Fri May 24, 2013
From my experience with 203k loans, the best advice is to use a lender that offers assistance via third party with 203k processing.
This shortens the closing time by weeks. Try http://www.cfs-mortgage.com/203k/ for more information.
Deborah Garv…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Diego County, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
The 203K loan is, in my humble opinion, the most under utilized and best mortgage product in mortgage financing. What is the catch? Working with an experienced mortgage professional and a company who is seasoned in funding and managing the loan after funding. I suggest you find a local expect who works for a mortgage bank (this is not a loan to do remotely and I don't recommend doing the loan with a mortgage broker). I have written several blog posts on the product that are focused on education of the opportunity and would be happy to send you a link. I do not do loan in NC; however, my corporate office does and we are extremely adept at assisting consumers with this loan product.
Paul Welden, Other Pro, Tempe, AZ
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Tynetteamd,

The FHA 203k loan is a great option because you can include the purchase and renovation money into 1 mortgage loan, which means you can buy a home in it's AS-IS condition and do the renovations AFTER you own the home!

There are 2 versions of the 203k - Standard/Full & Streamline.
Standard/Full - requires use of 203k Consultant, min $5K in rehab, max rehab limited by FHA max mortgage for the area and allows for structural modification.
Streamline - does not require use of 203k consultant, min $0 in rehab, max rehab is $35k, does NOT allow for anything structural.

There are many more guidelines, but the FHA 203k Renovation Loan is an amazing option. Just make certain you use a Certified 203k Contractor for the renovations. There is a great FAQ section on the 203k at http://203kContractors.com.

-----
Paul Welden, Director
203k Contractor Education & Certification Program

203kContractors.com®
Contractor Directory for the FHA 203k Loan
Office 480.463.4663
Web Reference:  http://203kContractors.com
Rudy R. McDo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sat Jul 30, 2011
Hi, Tynettamd

Please check out my blog regarding FHA 203Ks. It layouts and explain the entire program and process.
Lloyde Young, Agent, Hampton, VA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
FHA 203K Loan - How the Program Can Be Used:

This program can be used to accomplish rehabilitation and/or improvement of an existing one-to-four unit dwelling in one of three ways:

· To purchase a dwelling and the land on which the dwelling is located and rehabilitate it.

· To purchase a dwelling on another site, move it onto a new foundation on the mortgaged property and rehabilitate it.

· To refinance existing indebtedness and rehabilitate a dwelling;

To purchase a dwelling and the land on which the dwelling is located and rehabilitate it, and to refinance existing indebtedness and rehabilitate such a dwelling, the mortgage must be a first lien on the property and the loan proceeds (other than rehabilitation funds) must be available before the rehabilitation begins.

To purchase a dwelling on another site, move it onto a new foundation and rehabilitate it, the mortgage must be a first lien on the property; however, loan proceeds for the moving of the house cannot be made available until the unit is attached to the new foundation.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
You are right in everything you said, except the part about the Brother's using the 203K loan:
The 203K loan is intended for people like YOU; owner occupants.

There are a lot of details to be considered: talk to an FHA 203K specialist when you're ready.
Leanne Poole, , Rhode Island
Fri Jul 29, 2011
There is no catch - 203k loans are a great and very popular option, especially for first time home buyers. They are not difficult to get as a 203k loan is an FHA loan so the same guidelines apply (3 1/2% down payment...). What is important to note is that the repair minimum needs to be $5000. As stated below you will need to use a licensed contractor, except for painting (that you are allowed to do yourself), and the contractor will need to submit the repair quotation to the bank at the beginning of the loan process. After your loan closes you will have 6 months to get the repairs completed.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Fri Jul 29, 2011
A 203K loan is a great way to buy a house AND have money to fix up the house. Not all lenders do them, so you may have to search for someone in your area. I do know that you need to use approved contractors for the improvements (it's not for "do it yourself" types) because the bank wants to know the job is done properly. It's sort of like a construction loan, in that payments get made in stages to the contractors. Hopefully you'll get some responses from people in your area who do them.