1) Most recent months paystubs
2) Last two yeras W2s
3) Last two years Federal Tax returns
4) most recent two months checking and Savings bank statements ( all pages)
5) last quarters 401 K statement
6) copies of last 12 months rent checks.
If you filed bankruptcy in the last 7 years copies of your BK papers.
Usually, credit worthiness, tax forms, offer letter, P&S, and such.
Some people may need more documents than others.
Mortgage Application - this is provided by the lender.
Credit Report - they will run this.
Proof of Income - W-2, pay stubs, profit and loss statements (if self employed) and/or tax records
Proof of Debts - credit card bills, evidence of all other monthly payments/debts
Bank Statements - at least for the past 30 days
Proof of Citizenship - Social Security Card, Passport, driver's license.
If you have other investment properties:
Profit and Loss Statements - including rental income
If you rent:
Rent Receipts - 12 Months showing rent paid on time.