What are the top 3 things you look for in a mortgage professional?

Asked by Glenn Newbeck, Houston, TX Mon Jan 21, 2008

Answers

5
Jean Doyle, , Mt Arlington, NJ
Mon Jan 21, 2008
You want someone who knows the different products available. You want them to call you back when you call. You want them to have good follow through.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Jan 23, 2008
1. Expertise with a particular loan type. A, B, C credit, VA, FHA, 203k, etc....not one guy who can do everything. There's too many of those around who can't truely do everything.
2. Quick response.
3. Leads from unrepresented buyers.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Kathy Fisher, Agent, Decatur, TX
Mon Jan 21, 2008
I too agree with what has been said so far. However, I will also add that I prefer to work with a local lender as well. I live in a rural county where there are many things associated with a property here that may not be found in a more suburban or metro area and it is nice to have competent lenders that are familar with these type loans and situations. I too work with local lenders that are not afraid to shop a loan to find the best deal for the customer. I don't have to wait around for a couple of days to see if the buyer is approved. I know before we leave the office in most cases.
Michelle Gor…, Agent, East Grand Rapids, MI
Mon Jan 21, 2008
I agree with what has been written so far............Diversity of products is huge with me. As I have never had 2 buyers the same. Not only do I want to know that you deliver great customer service and will treat my $100,000.00 client as a million dollar client. I want to know how you handle mistakes. Do you step up to the plate???? I had a situation with a lender who got a pre-approval for a loan for one of my clients, however after going through underwriting it was denied. The lender walked the file over to someone who could do the loan..............we did not miss a beat!
Casey Wyatt, , Amarillo, Canyon and Bushland
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Diversity of Products, Dependability and Someone you can Rely on