We filed bankruptcy 3 years ago, but the 2 houses that were foreclosed on have never sold at auction. Can I buy a house now with a 600 credit score?

Asked by malissa9596, Tacoma, WA Fri Mar 29, 2013

Answers

7
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Malissa,
Only a lender looking at your complete information can approve or deny you. There are always basic rules, but these often have exceptions that are too numerous to mention. Rather than take anyone here's word, sit down with a local lender and discuss your situation. It's complicated with both BK and Foreclosure, but there may be something out there.
If you don't qualify now, you'll learn directly from the most informed and reliable source what you can do to get approved sooner rather than later. I wish you the best of luck.
Evans Franco…, Agent, Everett, MA
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Hi, it might be possible with a large down payment, but most bank are required 620 score minimum and above.
The best thing to do is to check out your local credit union and see what they said, it can't hurt. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.
Dana Lindberg, Both Buyer And Seller, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Different loan programs have different requirements when it comes to credit score, down payment, and waiting period. Consult with a lender who has experience in providing loans after bankruptcy.

-----
Dana Lindberg
CFS Mortgage - http://www.cfs203k.com
Deborah Garv…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Diego, CA
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Have you met with a mortgage professional to determine your best course of action? As @Dan stated previously; there are just too many variables to answer your question accurately in this forum. However, investing a few minutes on the phone and sharing your financial/employment information with a mortgage professional will garner you a much clearer picture of exactly where you stand on your quest to re enter the housing market.

All my best,

Deborah
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Apr 19, 2013
You should meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can pre-qualify you at no cost and after looking at your credit and financial picture let you know if anything is available.
SharonZ_llc, Both Buyer And Seller, Puyallup, WA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Dear Trulia Readers,
The above text is representative of millions of Americans. Life has Challenges and, certainly, this past decade has been challenging for many. Life Challenges have taken their toll on Personal Income, Home Ownership and Family Stress. Our household Financial Fitness has incurred a number of "Credit Score Scars". Bankruptcy and Foreclosure are likened to the "Atomic Bombs" of "Credit Score Scars".
Today, the 'Traditional System' of 'Qualifying" for a Mortgage is not working for the overwhelming majority of 'would-be' Home Buyers. This begs the question. "Is there an Answer for... 'Un-Sellable Homes" and "Un-Loanable Buyers".?
I enjoy Good News. Better yet, I love a Challenging Story with Good News! With this decade's economic challenges, I am absolutely delighted to share that Private Professionals are making an enormous difference in today's Market Place and Home Ownership. Professional Real Estate Investors, numerous folks across the country like myself, are helping "Sellers with Un-Sellable Houses", as well as, "Un-Loanable Buyers"... and, all of this while eliminating "Bank Qualifying"! These exemplify the accomplishments of today's Real Estate Investors, as we assist in stabilizing this decade's Real Estate Market, Jobs, Families and our Nation's Economy.
If you know someone that has an "Un-Sellable House" or... is an "Un-Loanable Buyer", please forward this encouraging note to them. They will thank you for it!
Blessings, Sharon Z
(Subject Line: "Home Ownership")
Don & Sarah…, Agent, Bonney Lake, WA
Sat Mar 30, 2013
We are closing on a buyer right now with the exact same situation. He is buying new construction $429K. I think we can help you. Please give me a call and lets discuss...