Want to sell my home located in san antonio TX to my sister. I am married but home and mortgage is in my name only and purchased while separated

Asked by Doniduck, San Antonio, TX Mon Jan 28, 2013

I am the only one who have ever made a house payment on it.

Answers

7
Doniduck, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Tue Jan 29, 2013
My wife and I are still married and probably will stay that way but not doing well at all and in case we do split again I do not want her to get MY house. I bought it alone although we were married at the time we were split and did not live together for over 13 yrs and then moved back together. It is not working well but I am not going through a divorce and lose everything I have worked for all my life. I own a small business with no permeant employees so will not have any social security or 401K and she has a big one. I do not want her money but don't want to give up all I have.
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Texas is a community property state.. The easy way is to have him sign at closing..

I don't know your story, but if that is a huge issue... I hate to say it.. but attornies will have to get involved... :(

With any luck.. maybe you can hit the "easy button" and he will sign everything with you. If you are still married, shouldn't be a problem... Just say "Do you want to have a wife, or do you want to have a happy wife?" LOL!! Most guys may not be that bright, but we know the correct answer to that one! :)

If there is a divorce type situation, the only thing anyone can really suggest is to contact an attorney and obtain legal advice.

Jason
Sally Butler, Agent, New Braunfels, TX
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Please consult with a real estate attorney; he or she will be able to help you. There may still be a marital claim to the property and he or she can answer that.
Jose Novelo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Okay, now, what is your question?
Please send it to JoseNovelo@canterarealty.com
Thanks and Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
Tommy Burris, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Baton Rouge, LA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Make sure you tell the lender about your relationship....

Not so delightful if they find out late in the transaction
Gregory Touc…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hmmmm... so this brings up more questions in order to answer your question with more accuracy.....

1) Are you still married, or is the divorce final?

2) Did the other party ever sign a "Quit Claim" deed?

With this information it will be easier to answer your question.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
Monica Ruiz, , San Antonio, TX
Mon Jan 28, 2013
What a wonderful opportunity to keep your home in the family. This is a delightfully easy transaction! Contact me on my cell phone @ 210-325-0657. We can meet tomorrow for an in person consultation.

Monica Ruiz
Prosperity Realtors & Consulting
9820 Lorene
San Antonio, Texas 78216
direct 210-325-0657
fax 210-519-3058
http://www.rentorbuysanantonio.com