VA State Limits

Asked by Ryan Haynes, Anaheim, CA Sun Jun 30, 2013

The state cap for a VA home loan in CA is $521,250.
If the home you try to purchase is over the limit, do you just find another bank to finance the remaining amount?

Or are you limited to the funding the Certificate Of Eligibility?

Answers

4
Andrea Gomez, Other Pro, San Antonio, TX
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Ryan

Instead of calling lender after lender you need to speak to a broker and lender service that knows the loan programs available with multiple lenders. I'd recommend The Lenders Network they should be able to help you find the best loan for your situation, I have had several client's they have helped find the right type of loan for them..
Andrew Vagley, Agent, Dana Point, CA
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Ryan,

As stated below - the VA loan limit is not state wide - but rather county based. If the home is over the limit, you could pursue a secondary loan or make up the difference yourself.

The CoE does not impact funding, but rather is only an eligibility requirement when pursuing a VA loan - or any veteran based benefit.

I'm a former Marine myself, and spend quite a bit of time working with veterans and VA loans.

I'd be more than happy to help you out where needed. Let me know. Take care.

Andrew Vagley
949.705.7676
avagley@gmail.com
Grant Fawcett, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tustin, CA
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Ryan:

$668,750 in Orange County. I'm a mortgage banker and I'm currently involved in a few VA deals as I write this....There are a few more questions I need to ask.

Give me a call when time permits @ (949) 212-4578

Thank you!

Grant Fawcett
Mortgage Banker
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
Ph: (949) 212-4578
gfawcett@castlecoooke.com
NMLS:832635
Barbara Gust…, Agent, Orange, CA
Sun Jun 30, 2013
I believe the VA limit for Orange County is $668,750. VA will fund loans over that amount but will require you to have cash down. If you'd like to talk more feel free to give me a call. Barbara 714-875-9763.