The I.R.S has a tax lien on me for back income taxes which i'm paying back on a monthy payment plan. I have

Asked by Novabuyer, Northern Barton Heights, Richmond, VA Thu Feb 28, 2008

about 2 years left to pay this off. Would this keep me from buying a house until its fully paidoff? My credit score is in the low 600's.

Answers

3
Darren Miller, , CA (Licenced in 50 States)
Sun Mar 2, 2008
It's going to show up on your credit that you do have this lien. It will count against you as a liability. With regards to title insurance, they do not typically run buyers for liens/judgments unless it's a new home purchase. If it was recorded in another county than your going to purchase the property, then the title company is not going to look for judgments against you in another county.
, ,
Fri Feb 29, 2008
Not necessarily. Depending on the loan program and lender, you may be able to purchase if you can show proof of a payment agreement AND that you have at least made 12 verifiable payments.
Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Feb 28, 2008
I would advise you to ask a certified public accountant this question.