Financing in Aberdeen>Question Details

A. Pacheco, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Relocation/Financing Question

Asked by A. Pacheco, New Jersey Thu Jan 8, 2009

My job is relocating to the Harford county, MD area from NJ. If my spouse and I are looking for a house in the new area, does my spouse have to have a new job there before we can get a mortgage? Or will they consider his salary in NJ?

Help the community by answering this question:


Usually co applicant is part of the application, and will be required to have a job in the area you're moving to. Unless he or she is in the same field as before then the verification requirement can be less of a factor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 1, 2010
You would only be able to use income that will be existent when you buy the home. Since I am assuming that your spouse will leave his job, then he would at least have to have a job offer letter in Maryland in order to use his income to qualify. Until then, you would only be able to use your income. Possibly that is enough for you to buy the type of house you want. But if it is not, then you would have to wait until he has secured income/employment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank

Apply Online @
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 8, 2009
Lender will seek 2 year employment history with "same type of job". Best contact a mortgage broker in MD discuss all your concerns. Lender approval statements are valid for approx. 60 days. If you can lower your debt ratio never close an account your interest rates could be much lower.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 8, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer