Kristie, Both Buyer and Seller in Woodland, CA

Real Appraisal

Asked by Kristie, Woodland, CA Sat Jun 14, 2008

How do I fingd out if my appraisal is real? Appraisal has no signature and all the information on it I can get off the internet myself about my house . Even the same appraisal value, except the house had additional room added. Is there a phone # or somthing I can check the certification #? This was independent appraiser.

Answers

3
Forefront Re…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Hi Kristie,
If a physical inspection was done, the standard appraisal form is called a URAR appraisal. The appraiser's signature and license number should appear at the bottom of page 2. If your lender ordered an AVM (Automated Valuation),then it is only a computerized valuation and no appraiser would have inspected the property. You need to ask your broker/lender what was done. If you paid for an actual appraisal, by law. you are entitled to a copy of it. If you have any other questions, you're welcome to contact me. My information is in the web link below.
Web Reference:  http://www.ffhomes.net
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Who ordered the appraisal, and why? In Texas, appraisers are licensed through the Texas Real Estate Commission. Check the Web site for your state's real estate regulatory agency to see what you can find. You might try to Google for: appraiser license state (your state).
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Jun 14, 2008
There should be, what state are you in?