Our bank told us they have a program with Home Depot, with the FHA 203k Loan, is there certain people or departments we should be talking to?

Asked by jkiel0511, Ravenna, OH Thu Oct 11, 2012

The associates seemed to know nothing about the program.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kate Monk, Agent, Chagrin Falls, OH
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Your loan officer should be the one you should look to to guide you through this. Your real estate agent should be helping facilitate this too. My best advice is to work with a lender who is VERY familiar with rehab loans, the process and does these type of loans on a regular basis and also for you to hook yourself up with a knowledgeable agent. If you don't already have either of these, give me a call and I'd be delighted to assist....
Web Reference:  http://KateMonk.com
1 vote
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Home Depot has a 203k program that they rolled out with Wells a while ago. I am not sure who else is uing it. There is a special number to call and this program is not run on the tore level. The loan office should give the purchaser the number to call after the property is under contract.
0 votes
Ken Woods, Agent, Stow, OH
Fri Oct 12, 2012
The 203K loans are a great way to add repairs or improvements to the home purchase contract, since your lender already suggested it they should have a "preferred" list of contractors to contact that can purchase materials through Home Depot. You also should use an agent such as myself that is a certified 203 specialist. If you would like additional valuable information I would be happy to email it to you.
Ken Woods
0 votes
Barbara Kach…, Agent, Twinsburg, OH
Fri Oct 12, 2012
203k loans are govenment loans thru lending instructions if interested I would be happy to discuss with you
0 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Your loan officer should give you you a special number to call at Home Depot to arrange things. This program is not run at the store level. I normally use a FHA approved General Contractor on 203k projects as they are more flexible with material selections than Home Depot but we have some wonderful places to purchase things locally.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Financing in Ravenna Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more