Ocwen has not given me a Payoff Statement. Need advice to move fwd w/new lender?

Asked by Pamela Khoo, Menlo Park, CA Wed Apr 25, 2012

I requested Ocwen on 4/9/12 to give me a Payoff Statement in order to complete my refinance which the new lender already approved. I made 8 phone calls, wrote a letter to the CEO and
appeal for his help, and still have not gotten the Payoff Statement. Help!!

Answers

7
Gregorio Den…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Call your loan officer, if you are approved as you say I would imagine they already have this.
Web Reference:  http://HarpSupport.Com
Gary McKae, Agent, Redwood City, CA
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Payoff statement should have been ordered by title/escrow company used for the refinance. Talk to your title company/escrow company. If you do not have one talk to one about the defiance. Here in California, that is the way we proceed.
Gary McKae, Agent, Redwood City, CA
Mon Dec 23, 2013
You can order by contacting your lender and they will give you a fax number to send your request. The payoff should be calculated to a set date per your request. Irrespective of that, the date you close will not be the date of your request.

The new lender will have that knowledge and the title company will be able to get the final number when the new loan closes.
allwyn_1, Home Buyer, 73106
Thu Nov 14, 2013
call ocwen on 18007462936 and speak with the agent and tell him to transfer the call to account specialist ..work will be done
Hhsog, Home Owner, Fayetteville, NC
Sat Nov 9, 2013
I am having the same problem with OCWEN. Tried the same thing and failed. This is stopping the sale of my house. I need help! A web search reveals OCWEN does this routinely
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Pamela,
This is usually the job of the closing agent or your lender. You sign a form permitting them to obtain this type of information and they process it. Typically all such requests must come in writing and are for a specific date with a daily interest cost add on if it closes early or later than projected.
Did your lender request you get this or the closing agent?
Daniel Berman, Agent, Palo Alto, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Have you spoken with the loan consultant who is doing the refi for you? What did that person advise you?

Daniel Berman
Pacific Century Realty
Thank you everyone for your kind advice. In fact, my loan agent got nowhere with Ocwen, same for the title company, who was also given the "hold on" run around from a foreign customer service location. So my loan agent asked me to call Ocwen directly and write to the CEO since I am their customer, I might get the attention.

Gary McKae: what is a "defiance" - is this a law that requires all lender to comply with borrower's request for Payoff stm. in a timely manner?

Pam
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012