New FHA loan with previous loan modification

Asked by ST, 92126 Wed Jul 17, 2013

I am trying to purchase a house of 765K with 10% down payment. I am OK with FHA also. However, I had a loan modification approved on a previous house in Feb 2011. Is there any lender who can help in this situation? I spoke with a mortgage broker however their comment is I need minimum 3 year after a loan modification before approval of a new loan. Any advice is really appreciable.

Answers

5
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Many lenders were looking at loan mods like short sales or foreclosures and wanting a 3 year wait. Give me a call and I can research the latest, there may have been some changes.
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Aug 2, 2013
We can certainly help you out. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com and give us a call. One of our loan officers will look at your situation and present you with some options.
Thierry Abel, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Corte Madera, CA
Wed Jul 17, 2013
ST,

I do not know why the lender would have an issue with a modification on a "previous house" unless you had been delinquent on your mortgage and the lates are reflected on your credit report (and even there if it has been more than 2 years, you should be OK)...or maybe it is is because you are going to the same lender (and they might have a policy about that)...I do not know.
Anyway, it should not be an issue. You do not need to FHA with 10% down either, unless your debt-to--income ratio os hight and/or your credit scores are below 700....

Feel free to call me to further discuss.

Thierry Abel

Senior Loan Consultant
All California Mortgage
A Division of APMC
P: (415) 464-8261
C: (415) 378-7508
F: (415) 464-2367
E: tabel@allcalifornia.com
NMLS 304353 - DRE 01380701
Darren Carlin, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Pleasanton, CA
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Hello, unfortunately you live in Placer County which has a maximum FHA loan of $580,000. I may have a lender that would consider the loan that you seek depending on your employment, debt to income ratio, Fico score Etc. you can go to my website. I have a user friendly apply online tan ( just a short application) and I will contact you tomorrow to let you know if I can get you qualified. Thank you and I hope to see your application.
Hi Darren,
Thanks for your response. The purchase will be actually in San Diego County.
Flag Wed Jul 17, 2013
Jacob Varghe…, , San Jose, CA
Wed Jul 17, 2013
I have a lender who will examine every application on a case by case basis.

I charge no application fee, no credit check fee. No points. Closing costs can also be free but you keep in mind you are paying a bitter higher rate. Nothing is free.

Jacob
NMLS 327086