Financing in Atlanta>Question Details

Christian Ro…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

Need lender who can do loans for my international buyers?

Asked by Christian Ross, Atlanta, GA Wed Aug 29, 2012

I have a client looking to purchase in Atlanta from Bermuda. Looking for lenders who can do a loan for an international purchaser without a social security number. She has enough assets to purchase home, does not want to use her full liquidity for purchase.

Thank you!
Christian Ross
Harry Norman Realtors

Hello Christian, are you also in Atlanta?

I'm based here, but secure funding nationwide and Canada. I work with MANY foreign nationals and consult with them on how to secure "permanent" 30 year mortgage financing for both individual purchases and multi/blanket loan purchases.

My website is Email is:

Happy to provide a free ball-park quote any time:)
we have a foreign National Program that doesn't require a Fico , the main requirement is they have a bank account in the US, and can show six months of reserves, the program is 12-24 months and Interest only so they need an exit plan or they could just extend the loan , we can typically close within 10 days and rates start about 8%

Jerry Starr
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2016
Just saw your post. Fuse Funding can finance investment properties in Florida no need for SS#
Call e at 954-873-8580 or go to our website
I have lenders that will do Foreign National loans. If she hasn't bought yet though, she'll have more purchase power using cash to buy and then using the hard money lender to cash out the property to get a percentage of her money back. If she is still interested, rates start around 9% and can cost upwards of 8% of the loan amount. She will need an exit strategy and proof that she can pay the loan (proof of income and assets are not a requirement if sufficient money is put down).
Did your client find funding if not we may have several options. If interested please contact me.
Mr. R. Stots
Miracle Bank
1 (302) 536-9106
That would be classified as a Foreign National program. None of the agencies (ie.e Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD) allow for a Foreign National status.

There were never very many Foreign National loan programs availble in GA. That is especially true today. I am only aware of a couple in GA at the present time.

Other than that, a hard money loan is the only other option. Hard money loans will come with a high interest rates and high closing fees.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
You're right Michael! East West does these loans. They lend to all races. They use a stated income product through Fannie Mae. However, they do pull credit (domestic or international), they require seasoning and source of funds. 35% down for purchase, 40% equity for refinance. Goverened by RESPA, so no outside the box thinking. You really need to go through a loan officer who is set up with them. Because they don't allow origination fees and don't pay loan officers, the Loan Officers tend to stick their own fees in there (usually about 3 points) plus the lender fees (about 1i2 points) and the rate is about 5.5% to 6% on a 5 year ARM. You must have a Visa allowing you to be in the US or a green card, citizen etc. In other words, no foreign nationals with no entry permit. You must buy/refi homes in metropolitan areas. They are very specific about the area where you buy. The service I've encountered was less than desirable (almost like a "I don't have time for you" attitude) which annoys me.
East West bank specializes in international buyers. Mostly Asia
but hopefully they can help.
I should be able to help you with that. First step, she'll need to create an LLC, Corp, or Trust if she doesn't already have one. Eventually, she'll want a trust and when we talk, I'll explain why (I want to stick to the question here). This will change her from being a person buying a property to a business buying a property. This also protects her from lawsuits personally aimed at her.
This will be a hard money loan. A soft money loan with a better rate can be costly short term. Minimum down is 35-40% (residential) plus lender fees due at closing. Fees may be assessed up front to pay for loan application, appraisal. There is no credit check, no income requirements. Seller allowed to hold back a 2nd mortgage up to 15% of the purchase price. Rate ranges from 12% to 18%, depending on property type, rehab requirements, location. Rate reduction allowed after 6 to 12 months on time payments (because there is no credit check, the company has to show ability to pay on time). Minimum loan amount $10,000.
Other type loans have similar rates (10-15%) but may allow less money down if rehab work is needed (min $100k loan or case by case if less than $100k).
One thing on the rehab that many banks don't tell you is that they may require the borrower to put the repair money in escrow at closing plus the down payment. They don't let you finance repairs. The only way I know of financing repairs is to obtain a Note Purchase loan, but again, those are NOT for short term financing, rather for 15 to 30 years.