My load Mod negotiator whom I paid $1500 tells me PHH Mort. says Wells Fargo(investor) refused to lower my principal cause they refused OBAMA Money

Asked by Ekufe' Ebrutu, Las Vegas, NV Tue Oct 20, 2009

I Paid a firm to help me negotiate a Loan Mod to lower and principla on my load. I paid $1500 of the $2500 agree and now they tell me that PHH Mortgage, the loan Servicer says Wells Fargo is the Investor and has refused to lower my Principal and only lowered my int. rate from 6 to 5.75% becasuse Wells Fargo did not take the OBAMA stimulus Money. Is that True? Please tell me. Alrady, a Chase Bank official told me that Chase and Wells Fargo agreed voluntrily to participate and so are obliged to agree to an affordable modification. All I got is lower my montly payment from $2264 to $2204 which is not acceptable to me. Please tell me what you know and what you think

Answers

2
Mayra Jordan, , Las Vegas, NV
Wed Oct 21, 2009
i was checking for good companies here in nevada i found just one with real license please call you lender and give him your real numbers some lenders do not want to take OBAMA'S PROGRAM, but i hear that new internal programs are for some private loans make sure that you call to righ department and they can help you with another program similar with OBAMA'S PLAN take 31% for you total GROSS INCOME example if you make 3000k x 31% your payment is 930.00 they reduce your interest rate to lowers to 2% or less some cases but remember some lender doesn't wants to do it....but look for help in maybe u can get good news
good luck....
David Grant, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Oct 20, 2009
Gentlemann,
First I would like to say I have seen very few pricipal reductions on modifications. Most lenders are lowering interest rates and possibly extending terms of the note to make the home more affordable for a monthly payment and possible forgive any missed payments. I would first make sure the company you are using is complying with new laws effective 10/1/09 that requires all loan mod companies to have proper license to do mods. Also most lenders are going by the guidelines of your payment needs to be no more than 31% of your gross income so that could also play a factor. You can always check the Nev attorney general website for helpful information.