My husband is going thru escrow and they asked for a copy of the canceled payroll check from his employer. But they will not provide it to him. Help?

Asked by Chicagogirl, 90011 Sun Apr 18, 2010

Answers

3
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Apr 20, 2010
Hello Chicagogirl,

I would see if there is something else that the escrow company can get that will suffice other than a cancelled check.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Apr 19, 2010
If it is a payroll check usually a copy of the check or paystub and a copy of your bank statement where it was deposited is acceptable. If they bank is being stern with a copy of teh cashed check, if it is a large company he will need to go to HR, if small than the owner. If he can not get a copy of it a letter from the employer that this is impossible and a copy of teh paystub and copy of bank statement should be acceptable. I would also contact is loan originator for help. good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Apr 19, 2010
Why won't they provide it? I suspect your husband isn't talking to the right person at his employer.

Another way is to contact your bank and get a copy of the deposited check.