My husband is going thru escrow and they asked for a copy of the canceled payroll check from his employer. But they will not provide it to him. Help?

Asked by Chicagogirl, 90011 Sun Apr 18, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Apr 20, 2010
Hello Chicagogirl,

I would see if there is something else that the escrow company can get that will suffice other than a cancelled check.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Apr 19, 2010
If it is a payroll check usually a copy of the check or paystub and a copy of your bank statement where it was deposited is acceptable. If they bank is being stern with a copy of teh cashed check, if it is a large company he will need to go to HR, if small than the owner. If he can not get a copy of it a letter from the employer that this is impossible and a copy of teh paystub and copy of bank statement should be acceptable. I would also contact is loan originator for help. good luck.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Apr 19, 2010
Why won't they provide it? I suspect your husband isn't talking to the right person at his employer.

Another way is to contact your bank and get a copy of the deposited check.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more