My husband and I are trying to refiance our mortgage with Ace Mortgage in Wisconsin. We paid the appraisal

Asked by Chaa, Madison, WI Wed Oct 29, 2008

fee of $425. The appraisal was done and the process continues. However at the end of the process we did not qualify for the refinance because we were unable to defer my husband's student loans. Do we get the appraisal money back?

Answers

2
Jr, Home Buyer, Milwaukee, WI
Thu Oct 30, 2008
Ace is out of Business as of friday 10/24
Call me
Jr 414-443-5900
Darren Kittl…, , Madison, WI
Thu Oct 30, 2008
Chaa-
I would call the mortgage broker and ask. There may be a possiblity that you can take that appraisal to another lender be it a local bank or another mortgage broker and use it to try and complete the refinance. My guess is you won't be able to get the money returned as the appraiser deserves to be paid for the work they have performed but it's possible you might find another lender that can complete the refinance for you and will accept this appraisal as part of the process.