My fiancee and I are currently buying a home and started with one mortgage company but decided to go with a

Asked by Malcolm, Columbia, SC Mon Apr 7, 2008

different company the next day. The first company still wants us to pay for the appraisal that we cant use with the new loan. Do we have to pay this?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Debt Free Da…, , 85260
Wed Apr 9, 2008
If you had an agreement to pay it, you should pay it. They relied on your word for this.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Malcolm, Home Buyer, Columbia, SC
Mon Apr 7, 2008
No, it was an in town broker. we signed the application, but decided against his loan less than 24hrs later. He already had the appraiser come out and take measurements before we decided to go with the other company
0 votes
Glenda Marks, , Charlotte, NC
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Was the first company a broker? on line?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more