Looking to purchase $250,000 home with 20% dwn. My income is $140,000. Only in the USA for 9 months, any chance for a mortgage?

Asked by dolledup, 91505 Mon Sep 3, 2012

My husband has been employed with the same company for 12 years. Thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ken Dorfman, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
A non permanent resident can have complications when it comes to obtaining a mortgage with a US bank. If there is any chance of getting your loan through your home country, it be much simpler, or if, either you or your husband are US citizens. There are possibilities and a few programs, but they are complicated and would require close cooperation between your Realtor and your Mortgage Broker. My firm has worked on these types of situations before. Please feel free to contact us for information, or assistance.

Ken Dorfman, Broker
Kenneth B Dorfman Real Estate
Los Angeles CA
Phone 888-846-0688
1 vote
Richard- El…, Other Pro, Augusta, GA
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes
Linwood Full…, Agent, Burbank, CA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Hi, you should call a Mortage Broker. I have a few people I can recommend! From what I understand it is complex if you don't have last year's tax returns from the USA.

Please let me know if we can provide you with a mortgage broker.
0 votes
Ludy Ivonina, Agent, Corona, CA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Hello, I have a lender that can help you. Please email me at Ludy@tarbell.com.

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina-Ortiz
0 votes
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Mon Sep 3, 2012
If you are American citizens, have a green card or a VISA allowing your husband and you to reside in the US, there is no problem. I would need further information to know if you qualify for the mortgage.
0 votes
dolledup, Home Buyer, 91505
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Sorry I didn't know how it did that! I'm in Burbank but looking for homes in rancho cucamonga.
0 votes
Gary Livingo…, Agent,
Mon Sep 3, 2012
You should not have a problem qualifing for a loan. I notice you say that you are in the USA for 9 months. If you are a foreign national, lenders may require a 30% down payment. Glad to be of assistance in finding the right home for you. LIVINGOOD
0 votes
Tommy Lee, , 91502
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Yes, there are lenders we can all recommend. However, your question came from the Beverly Hills area. And it was posted in Burbank. At this moment there are no homes in Burbank for that price. There are only two small condo's. I can recommend some alternatives if you need.

Please call or send an email if you need help with any of your real estate needs.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
говорю порусскии
0 votes
Daina Burness, Agent, Burbank, CA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
I just closed on a home for a foreign couple. I have a lender you should speak with to get the ball rolling and see what will be necessary to provide. Call or email me. Daina.burness@dilbeck.com 8182399599.
0 votes
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Yes, I have a lender that can help you. Please email me and I will put you in contact with him.
Thank you,
DJ Bonner
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more