Looking for a mortgage lender. 608 and ex wife has put several lates on my report. Where can I get financing?

Asked by yanktonrealestateforsale, 57078 Fri Dec 9, 2011

My fiance and I are both previously divorced. We recently applied for a home loan together, because I need to move to her (we live in different cities) and her house is too small to combine our families. We were denied the loan because my credit score is a 608. My ex wife is horrible with money and even though I took all the debt in the divorce and paid it all off and have kept my mortgage current, she got the car and continues to make late payments. She has no way of refinancing it because her credit is so poor. My fiance's score is a 735, but she doesn't make enough money to qualify on her own because she owns her own business. I make enough to qualify, but with those late payments on my record, is there any way of me finding a lender? I'm willing to pay a higher interest rate because I am hopeful that we can refinance when my score goes up or I get a court to garnish my ex-wife's wages or make her refinance the car. Please help, I love my fiance and am ready to start a life with her

Answers

2
Jim Zeck, Agent, Watertown, SD
Fri Dec 9, 2011
I recommend calling Kevin Unzen at Frost mortgage company located in Sioux Falls at 605-331-5773
Carla Schlin…, Agent, Yankton, SD
Fri Dec 9, 2011
Headoverheels,
I appreciate your situation and you are not the only one in that type of situation. If you have exhausted all your local lenders, I may suggest Keystone Mortgage, 421 W. 18th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57105, http://www.thinkkeystone.com, phone (605) 330-6033, Attn: Mitch. Good Luck.