Looking for a good broker for a $510K loan with 17% down.

Asked by Grant, 30022 Sun Jul 20, 2008

House in Atlanta, GA area. Doesn't have to be the cheapest, just transpasrent about their numbers (YSP, Origination Fee, '800' section closing costs etc) so I feel confident. My ducks are in a row and my middle FICO is >769.

Answers

11
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Wed Jul 21, 2010
HI Grant,

I have a few suggest lenders, and by the way, you want to use only a Direct Lender in this market, not a Mortgage Broker.

I will suggest Jason Young 678-608-2944 or Robin Ehorn 678-608-2947 with American Bank Mortgage Group in Dunwoody, or Tenley Stephens 770-551-4159 with Suntrust Bank near Perimeter Mall - these are all experienced pros and can suggest the best loan vehicles. It sounds like a conforming first ($417)K and a HELOC second could save you some DP if that option is attractive. For a HELOC I have a local bank that I beleive can do a 95% CLTV with your fico score.

As far as the Broker Representation, homefinding, and transaction oversight and negotiation side of things, I would be happy to assist and represent you, and provide some unmatched services and protections.

The Wise Buyer Program provides over $5000 worth of free home structural and major systems analysis in addition to top buyer representation. There is nothing else like it in Atlanta - with this system you are more informed because you know what you are buying Before you ever submit your offer! That approach has many significant benefits - for more information, see the site below, or contact me at your convenience.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
Will, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
If you ever consider to use a direct lender please let me know. I am a mortgage banker with Wells Fargo.

Grant when banks compete, you win! Allow me to show you what I can offer. Give call so we can discuss yourr options.

willis.addo@wellsfargo.com
Christi Trom…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Hi Grant. Congratulations on your excellent score and ability to put money down on a home! You are in an enviable position to tbe able to take advantage of this buyer's market.

You have been given a lot of good recommendations for lenders. I just want to add to that by recommending Sean Trombetti at Amstar Mortgage Network (404) 641-1486, sean @amstarloans.com. He is surviving this year's market simply because he gets referrals from Realtors and past clients! No mass marketing strategies, just great customer service, honest and to the point evaluations, and constant communication!

If you have decided on a mortgage consultant, please give Sean a call.
Leah Provens…, , 30501
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Hands Down, the best Lender ever is John Ragland, Jr with CountryWide (now operating under the Bank of America umbrella).
As a Realtor, I have used John for years. He is incredible. Not only is he experienced and knowledgeable, he is also considerate and truly Cares about his clients.
John Ragland Jr.
Mgr, HLC Sales
CMD 1790 - Buford, GA
Countrywide Bank, FSB

770-904-7231 Office
770-335-6373 Cell
866-409-6136 Fax

1305 Mall of Georgia Blvd
Buford, GA 30519

http://www.JohnRaglandJr.com

I hope this helps, please mention my name if you call or email him.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, with a great score, like yours, you should shop around. You are in the driver seat here. You will find that not all lenders offer the same rates or programs. Do yourself a favor and get at least three quotes.
If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Leah Provenson, Realtor, CSN
leahprovenson@bellsouth.net
(404) 310-7144
Web Reference:  http://www.LeahsListings.com
Tori Lawson,…, , Fayetteville, GA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Grant,
Please keep us posted of your progress and advise if we can be of further assistance.
Please remember to have only a designated REALTOR represent you, best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.torilawson.com
Grant, Home Buyer, 30022
Sun Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for all the answers.. this is a great site!
Tori Lawson,…, , Fayetteville, GA
Sun Jul 20, 2008
Grant,
We utilize SunTrust mortgage, they are the largest lender in Atlanta area.
Please call Liz Taylor at 770-527-7900, she has over 18 years of experience.
Please advise if I can be of further assistance. Please ensure you are represented as well.
Luke Allison, , Asheville, NC
Sun Jul 20, 2008
Grant-
As a loan officer for the retail side fo Flagstar Bank, we offer products that are not offered on our wholesale (brokerage) side. I think the best option for your scenario would be a conforming ($417,000) first mortgage and a simultaneous HELOC or second mortgage for $93,000. I can actually do a HELOC up to 90% CLTV so I can save you the extra 7% down payment you are making.
I would be glad to discuss rates, programs, closing costs and YSP whenever you like, you can even call me today.

Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
828-777-8828
Luke.Allison@flagstar.com
James Standa…, , Alpharetta, GA
Sun Jul 20, 2008
I work with MetroBrokers/GMAC Real Estate. We have In-House Loan Officers, In House Attorneys for closings and In-House Insurance. This is truly one stop shopping. What is your time frame for finding a home? Are you moving to Atlanta? I woud be honored to assist you. Please let me know how I can help.
Bob Engert, , Kennesaw, GA
Sun Jul 20, 2008
Grant,

Call Scott Chapman at Wells Fargo, a/k/a RE/MAX Greater Atlanta Financial Services. His # is 678-770-8743. Please be sure to mention my name.

Thanks...and good luck!

Bob Engert
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
770-592-3218
Bob@BobEngert.com
Web Reference:  http://www.BobEngert.com
Diane Menard, Agent, Marietta, GA
Sun Jul 20, 2008
You can try Kim King @ SunTrust Mortgage, She does 90% of my loans for me. Very Happy with her services.

Her number is 770-617-6694