Is there special financing for Green energy efficient buildings?

Asked by Renae, Hope, NJ Mon Feb 14, 2011

Answers

3
Jeff Belonger, , Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Renae,

I hope this helps some....

http://www.fhaloansfhamortgages.com/2010/11/18/energy-effici…

Also, there are state and county grants or rebates from the electric companies themselves. One just needs to do their homework. And yes, you can do conventional loans... but I prefer FHA or VA because FHA is easier to qualify for overall... credit scores, even 680 with 5% down are more expensive.. or harder to get MI.

thanks,
Jeff
Area Manager e-mail : jbelonger@ihmci.com
Jeff Belonger, , Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Feb 14, 2011
@Camille,

Yes, you can do many types of repairs with a 203-k loan... but if you just want to do energy efficient improvements and nothing else? EEM mortgages will be cheaper and quicker... even if you were to do a 203k streamline. The interest rates don't change at all.... just food for thought,.

thanks,
jeff
Camille Mar…, Agent, Millstone, NJ
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Yes the FHA 203K is designed for buildings of that are need of rehabilitation. i have an extensive background in 203K financing and have been in the mortgage industry for the past 27 years. Please do not hesitate to call me with questions or here is my e-mail

Camille Marotta

crmmarotta@aol.com 732-539-9300
GMI Home Loans
Construction Lending Director