Is there downpayment assistance in Tampa that is not income based. My husband is a teacher and we make too much to qualify for any of the state

Asked by Florida_Cal_Mommy, Tampa, FL Mon Jul 26, 2010

programs.

Answers

5
Usda Mortgage…, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Many great locations just outside of Tampa still approved for 100% USDA financing. Contact us below and see the web reference link for more information.

USDA Mortgage Source
Florida USDA Loans, 7 days a week.
Ph: 904-302-6060
http://www.UsdaMortgageSource.com
infinitt35, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
you can try NACA - they are not income based and not solely on credit either.
Sheila Steph…, , Lutz, FL
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Regarding USDA - many areas of Pasco County also qualify and there are income limits for this program. If you have not discussed this program with your lender you can go on-line for information. I have attached the link to the USDA 's income eligibility page. (You may have to copy and paste to get there)

http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/incomeEligib…

If you qualify, the program does allow seller concessions - so you could get the seller to help with closing costs and have very little out of pocket.

If I can help you with anything else feel free to call.
Sheila Stephenson
Future Home Realty813-514-5930
Sam Thompson, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Jul 26, 2010
FHA currently is offering a special promotion on their foreclosures only. It only requires $100 down, and they will pay closing costs up to 3%. So, depending on the sales price, you could get in for less than $2,000, including prepaids.
Liane Jamason, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Unfortunately, no, not that I know of - you can get an FHA loan and ask the Seller to pay up to 6% towards your closing costs but all down payment programs normally have some kind of income requirement. The other alternative is to look at a USDA loan which is 100% financing but only certain areas qualify such as Riverview and Plant City, and Fishhawk Ranch.