Is there anyone who would finance someone that has a bad credit rating ?

Asked by Jon, Brainerd, MN Thu Jun 5, 2008

I am Mentally Ill and before I gained control of my illness I pretty much destroyed my credit. My wife,kids and I moved here to Brainerd after being homeless for 5 months, to hopefully start our lives fresh. The place we found is pefect for us and since we get SSI payments every month the owner gave us the "rent to own option". That made us feel very good. Then a month later the owner informed us that she needs to auction this property and gave us our 30 day notice. If we could get financing for the down payment we should be able to take over her assumable mortgage. But I feel that there is no hope for the financing and I can't find any other property that is for "rent to own", I am willing to do repairs to any "rent to own" property in exchange for any deposits or to reduce any down payments. I can't let my family become homeless again.