Is there a simple rule for structuring an exchange where all the taxable gain will be deferred?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Mon Dec 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Deluxe Realty, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Absolutely, that's called a 1031 Exchange.

In a typical transaction, the property owner is taxed on any gain realized from the sale. However, through a Section 1031 Exchange, the tax on the gain is deferred until some future date (e.g., the future resale of the home you will purchase with the proceeds from the sale of a current property).

To learn more, check out this post:…
0 votes
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Dec 10, 2012
If you exchange for like property of equal or greater value there will be no taxable gain. The most popular is the 1031 for income producting properties. I have a very qualified 1031 exchange company that handles these transactions. We manage over 350 properties for our investors. We've been in Vegas since 1976.

Matthew D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website -
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more