Is it true that a homeowner can get a federal grant in order to fix your house?

Asked by Vonda Williams, Aurora, IL Fri Jan 25, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joseph Salam…, , Gnd. Jct. ,CO.
Fri Jan 25, 2008
Warning…the internet has a huge number of sites that provide false information about US Government grants. People propose to help you for a fee, a fee and another fee. The truth is that these services are free to the ones who need the help. Grants are available through your HUD office. There are obvious restrictions, from approved repairs too how many years you plan to live in the home, your income status, area etc… The government pumped 1.6 billion into HUD on December 21st 2007 in an effort to revitalize the growing homeless problems in Colorado. The funds are available now providing you meet the requirements. All you need to do is apply and you will be counseled at no charge. Please call Colorado Regional HUD at 303-672-5440 for information regarding housing grants and low interest loans for high risk individuals. The link is where you apply online Hope this helps. The official US Government site is
Web Reference:
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more