Is it possible to transfer title deed to spouse to avoid debters placing liens on your real estate?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Wed Dec 5, 2012

Answers

4
Steven Goldm…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Listen to Kurt.

This is way beyond an RE question that is bordering on fraud. Talk to the attorney that will represent you in court.

Typically in NV, as a married couple, what is his, is hers and what is hers, is his when it comes to money. There are exceptions.

If you sell the property to prove you are poor, a judge may unwind the sale so you get the property back. Now you pay damages to your Buyer and get a new wardrobe.

How do you look in stripes. I personally do not like them. They make me look fat.

I can refer you to an asset protection attorney if you would like. Call me or e-mail for the information.

New Web Sites:

http://www.SHORTSELL4FREE.INFO

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
Kurt Grosse, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Consult an attorney. This is a legal question not appropriate for a real estate agent to answer unless he or she is an attorney.
Mark Fleysher, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Jan 5, 2013
You can definitely put a property in the name of a married person without the other spouses name in title using a quitclaim deed. Will this avoid debt collectors, etc? Discuss that with your attorney.

To protect your properties, you can also put them in the name of a trust or a company like an LLC.

Note: if the property is already in your name, you can search records for previous owners, too...
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Dec 5, 2012
NV is a community property state. The answer to your question would depend when the property was purchased.