Is it okay that my mortgage broker is in a different county?

Asked by Mel Gruber, Burbank, CA Mon Aug 10, 2009

I'm looking to buy in Ventura County (just outside of LA) but my mortgage broker is in San Diego (used and recommended by family members). Could this be an issue? Should I find someone more local?

Answers

7
Mario Villagran’s answer
Mario Villag…, , Burbank, CA
Mon Aug 10, 2009
It shouldn't be an issue as long as they are licensed in the state of California. If he's been referred to you by family members that did business w/ him in this State than he's considered a reputable mortgage broker by them and should be able convince any listing agent that he can get the loan done. I know of 2 great mortgage brokers that get deals done. One is in San Diego and the other is in Philadelphia. Both licensed in California and both do outstanding jobs for their clients.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Oct 12, 2013
Yes, absolutely. Just be sure the appraiser is familiar with the area.

Chris
The Foggs, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sat Oct 12, 2013
Its should be fine if you have a good reference on the Broker. With any service provider it is nice when they are closer so you can meet with them face to face and have them sign you personally on contracts
Mel Gruber, Home Buyer, Burbank, CA
Mon Aug 10, 2009
Thanks all for the quick response!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Aug 10, 2009
Mel,

As Mario said, it shouldn't be a problem as long as they are licensed in your state. Stick with the plan of identifying someone that can provide you with quality service and the best rates.

Brad Davidson, Agent, Placentia, CA
Mon Aug 10, 2009
My clients use lenders from out of the area all the time. It shouldn't be a problem at all.
Jacob Varghe…, , San Jose, CA
Mon Aug 10, 2009
That should not be a problem!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.bestcaloans.com