Is down payment assistance still available through government grants in Florida?

Asked by Tammy, Margate, FL Tue Oct 14, 2008

I'm interested in the Florida First or HAMI programs, are these still available?

Answers

8
The Best Rea…, Agent, Sunrise, FL
Mon May 18, 2015
There is a program that I use that provides 10,000 towards your down payment and closing costs. It is a zero interest and zero payment loan that is only due when/if you sell the home. I have closed using this program several times and would be happy to assist you. Also I use a 2,000 tax credit program, which enables you to receive a 2,000 tax credit for the life of your loan.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE REQUIREMENTS

1-Must not have owned a home in 3 years.
2-Must have been in the same line of work for 2 years
3-Must make more than 25k but less than 80k
4-Must have 1,000 to put into the deal.
5-640 minimum credit score.

Contact Andrew 954-394-7185 Text first Please!!!!!!!
andrewLtherealtor@gmail.com
The Best Rea…, Agent, Sunrise, FL
Wed Apr 23, 2014
There is a program that I use, that gives fha buyers (who meet the requirements) a 10k interest and payment free loan to take care of the down payment and closing costs on the home. You only pay back the loan when you sell. If you pay your loan off, you do not need to pay the loan either.

Qualifications
3 years of tax returns
640 credit score
Must not make more than 70,000 individually
Must make more than 25,000
Must live in the home as the primary residence
May not own another home at the time of purchase

If interested and are not working with another realtor, you may contact me.

Andrew
954-394-7185 TEXT FIRST - NAME, NUMBER AND BRIEF DESCRIPTION
andrewLtherealtor@gmail.com
Real Living/First Service Realty
http://www.realliving.com/andrew.liebenhaut
undergroundf…, Home Buyer, Margate, FL
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Here are some of the loan officers' last names: Garcia Tautiva Alvarez Conchelos Miranda Aquilia Get the picture?
undergroundf…, Home Buyer, Margate, FL
Tue Dec 18, 2012
First, my mortgage broker said "Of course, we cannot guarantee your loan until CLOSING." Then, the next day he said it normally takes two days to get a guarantee of funds for DPA. Methinks he/they are making this whole thing up... there is NO GUARANTEE that the funds will be available... the entire process is on the neck of the borrower...
James Wheeler, , Tampa, FL
Thu Oct 23, 2008
Yes, but the program rules and funding availability vary from county to county and city to city. Also, down payment assistance (DPA) goes hand in hand with the first mortgage that supplies the bulk of the purchase money, so it makes sense to have this discussion with the mortgage professional who will be helping you. They have to make sure the DPA in question is approved by the lender / loan program for your first mortgage, they have to work on qualifying you for both the first mortgage and the DPA simultaneously, and they have to get a loan commitment on your first mortage before your file can be submitted to the DPA. If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me. The approach is fairly similar throughout the state.
Carla & Marc…, Agent, Cooper City, FL
Thu Oct 23, 2008
Hi Tammy,

Yes, some of them are still available. Another good option right now is to look into FHA loans. They require a 3% down payment and closing costs on a property are approximately 3-4%. FHA loans allow up to 6% contribution form the seller towards buyer's closing costs; so, you can purchase a home with very little money from pocket.

Are you a first-time buyer? Or if you have not owned property for the last 3 years, there is a $7,500 first-time homebuyer tax credit incentive available. For more information go to:

http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/

Please feel free to contact me at http://www.floridamoves.com/carla.rocha

Good luck to you.

Carla Rocha
Angela Jensen, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Oct 14, 2008
Tammy, send me an email and I will give you the name of a lender that can help you. Good luck!
Angela Jensen
Coldwell Banker
(954) 465-1388
email: jensenatj@aol.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AngelaJensen.com
Gerard Rosa, , Hallandale, FL
Tue Oct 14, 2008
Yes they are! Here are extracts from my source: FLORIDA FIRST - All buyers who qualify for a bond loan qualify for this 30 year, fixed rate product that may be used with one Florida Housing down payment and closing cost assistance second (HAMI or Florida Assist). Current Rate is 6.65% and $18,904,000+ is available.
HAMI DPA is available to all who qualify for the bond program's income limits. It's available at a rate of 5.00% for up to $5,000. This is a 10-year amortizing second mortgage loan.

Call me at 954-665-4973 for further information and to discuss any other options.