If there any chance for me to get a low income apartment if I don't have any credit?

Asked by Emy, 90026 Sun Aug 2, 2009

I had apply to have any credit with the bank, but somehow I'm never eligible or may not qualify. I would like to have my own place, but I know that most of the apartment buildings always require to have a good credit, but if I can't never get one...How am I suppose to have good credit if I don't get a chance to have? and also, How can I be eligible for low income apartments in case I don't get any credit?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Patty Allen, , Clemson, SC
Sun Aug 2, 2009
First of all, are you employed full-time and have some time on the job? How many people are in your family? If you are single or married have children or not, make little or no wages, happen to be on welfare, or disabled and can't work, there is a sign up list for every county near you that takes names and information to get into a house or an apartment through "Section 8 Housing." They pay for all, some, or most of the rent. There is a list of rentals they have from people who own rental apartments or homes. Credit is not considered here at this stage of renting your own place. What they do is place you in a livable place when they permit you to sign up on their list. Some states have a very long waiting list...up to almost 3 years. Others have much less time to wait. There is a lot of paper work and proof you deserve a place since you can't get housing now, BUT it's WORTH it. Should you work and create a credit file from applying and getting credit cards (start off with 1 or 2) and pay on time more than the minimum monthly payment amount over 1-3 years after living on a "Section 8 Voucher", you can buy the home you are in or another one available for you to choose from. Credit cards easy to get would be small department stores, gasoline credit cards, or through a bank once you have been on the job a while to get a small VISA or MASTERCARD from them. Another credit source to get that you shouldn't have to pay more than a $49 or $69 fee is Capital One....VISA or MASTERCARD. They give people a second chance to start over after a poor credit report from not paying credit cards due to long unemployment or disability or health issues you resolved. After 3 months, they will raise your credit limit. After 6 more months they will raise it again. BUT remember, however much credit amount anyone gives you, don't charge over 1/3 or 1/4 of it. For example, they give you a $600 credit limit. Don' charge and stay in debt over $150-200. As quick as you pay credit cards down and off, you get a credit history. DON'T EVER CLOSE DOWN A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT OR CUT IT UP; THE LONGER YOU HAVE A CARD IN GOOD STANDING, THE BETTER YOUR CREDIT BECOMES. That is what helps you get more chances to buy or rent a home of your own or just rent where you want to live that you can afford. The welfare department (called "Department of Social Services" in some states uses social workers to assist you) helps "Section 8 Voucher" folks to work towards you getting your own home. They offer a class or 2 for free to teach you how to be a homeowner after you proved you're a good renter. Check with them to start your dream. Be patient and honest and do your part.

Best to You,
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more