Financing in Parma>Question Details

Pattyb, Home Buyer in Cleveland, OH

If a condo is FHA approved would it also be VA approved?

Asked by Pattyb, Cleveland, OH Sat Jun 25, 2011

Have a purchase agreement to buy a condo in Parma, Ohio (Sandpiper Condo's) is approved FHA, would it also be VA approved, heard there are big changes to the approval of condo's

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Parma

Lenderbradford’s answer
Here, you can check to see if Sandpiper is approved ( ) Based upon what I see, it appears to be approved.

Again, call with any questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011
No. VA USED to accept FHA approvals, but no longer. VA no longer reviews condo projects to to determine whether they are acceptable to the VA. The lender is now responsible for ensuring that both title and lien-related VA regulatory requirements are met for each condo project.

For FHA eligible condominium projects, see
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011

In the reference below is VA opinion on the question. My offices are in Parma Heights and I would welcome a call if you have any questions.

Tim Bradford
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011
For an updated list of FHA approved condos in the Cleveland, Oh area see… This link is available nights and weekends unlike the HUD site. FHA approved condos are easier to sell because buyers can put down a lot less money.
Patty in my experience if a condo is FHA approved then the VA has no problem with a unit except for inspections just as FHA would.