If I bought a lot in Poteet, TX and plan on building a home there. How would this process start I have no clue.?

Asked by Unviversal, 19103 Sun Sep 27, 2009

Answers

1
William Pola…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Suwanee, GA
Mon Sep 28, 2009
Two, no, 3 ways to do this: One is to find that guy on ABC to build it for you...just kidding. Okay, 2 ways. The first is to find out if you want to build it yourself or have someone build for you. You can go to the website ubuildit.com for info on do it yourself. Basically, it's a company that helps you find electrical, plumbing etc contractors and you also get your hands dirty. They offer financing too. The other option is to go through a lender (broker or bank) and ask to do a construction to perm loan. There are 2 types of C-P loans. The first says "I know exactly how much I need to build a house and any overages comes out of my pocket". This is a one time close with closing costs one time. The other says "I'm not sure how much it will cost so I'll close once for the what I think it will cost and close a second time to include overages." This is a two time close and costs more because you are paying for 2 closings. You'll need to get 3 quotes, blueprints and a lender with lots of patience as this takes time to close. You'll be financing the construction part at one rate and then once the house is completed, you close with a permanent rate. This is an awesome project because you get to say what goes where and how. So, step 1: You build it or they build it Step 2: Get quotes Step 3: Get financing Step 4: Find contractors (Find your local home builder association for contacts). Step 5: Close.