I would like to know if there are any Foreign National Lenders that are active in Pennsylvania.

Asked by Jim Nassida, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Feb 9, 2009

I have several surgeons that have been referred via real estate sources that are motivated buyers that are not sure of their options.

Answers

5
Jeffrey Benn…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Feb 10, 2009
I'm also not sure what you mean by foreign national lenders. The U.S., unlike many other countries, doesn't restrict ownership of land by non-citizens. Lenders generally don't care where buyers are from, as long as they have sufficient funds. Foreign currency denominated accounts are fine for proof of assets (I have a client in Japan doing that, and recently had one from Bermuda). They may want proof of income (e.g., a job offer letter from the city they're buying in), but otherwise being foreign shouldn't be a problem, unless they want a mortgage and don't have credit for some reason (credit isn't as popular in other countries as in the U.S.)

In my experience this nearly always works out, although there are issues with documentation (e.g., foreign tax returns). I guess it depends "how" foreign they are; if all their documents are in Urdu that might be a problem :-) Generally just choose a *big* lender, and ask for a processor experienced with foreign transactions. I'm with Coldwell Banker, which is international, and I've closed deals with clients in New Zealand, Bermuda, and Japan with no insurmountable problems.
I believe you'll find it very hard to obtain lending from the 'big' banks as a foreign national without a social security number.
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
Michael D De…, , 18969
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Jim,
I think you mean are there any Lenders in Pennsylvania lending to foriegn Nationals. the answer is yes. I work with a few Lenders who will loan to Foriegn Nationals. Feel free to contact me for more details.
The very best of luck to you.
Michael

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@aol.com
michaelddelp@verizon.net http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com
Jackie Hamil…, , 15241
Mon Feb 9, 2009
What you are looking to do? Many local lenders here. Are these investors?
Karen, , Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Jul 13, 2009
NO. I have not found ANY lenders willing to lend to true "foreign nationals". If you have a work visa and a social security number then you are NOT a foreign national and just about anyone will give you a loan.
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sat Feb 21, 2009
Yes banks in Pa lend to people who have established credit and have a job here .Talk to one of the loan officers who have comented here.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com