I want to purchase a house with owner financing. Who should I work with in Reno/Carson city area?

Asked by Caril Leonard, Reno, NV Tue Apr 8, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Trey Bowden, , Edmond, OK
Thu May 8, 2008
Because you are choosing owner financing I'm making an assumption that you don't think you would qualify for traditional financing. If you haven't sought out a pre-approval from a reliable lender in your area, try this avenue first. You might get a lower interest rate.

If you're determined to travel the owner financed road, it is in your best interest to have an attorney read through the agreement before signing it. The last thing you want is to live in the home for a few years and then suddenly discover that there is a loophole favoring the seller and you lose out on the equity you thought you have built.

Also make sure your name is filed on the deed.

Good Luck!

Trey Bowden
(405) 340-3277
0 votes
Christianne…, Agent, Reno, NV
Thu May 8, 2008
If you want to purchase a home with seller/owner financing, that should not impact your choice to work with a real estate agent. Most sellers who are offering seller financing still list their homes traditionally with a real estate agent, however, it's best to hire an agent to represent your interests who will search not only the Multiple Listing Service but also will show you For Sale By Owner (FSBO) listings. The most important thing is to find an agent who is knowledgeable about your area. If you'd like more information, please feel free to contact me at christy@greatnevadahomes.com.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more