I own a manufactured home on a full basement and have been considering putting it up for sale but told that

Asked by Kris, Michigan Thu Jan 29, 2009

no one will be able to get a mortgage on it because it is manufactured. Does anyone know who will do a mortgage on a home like this? Ironically, I have financed it 3 times and even secured a line of credit on it. I am told that this has all happened in the last 6 months.

Answers

6
Bryan Horn, , 92101
Sun Jun 22, 2014
Wells Fargo does mortgages for Manufactured homes and 3.5% down is required in most cases.
Glenn Dyrhaug, Home Buyer, Angola, IN
Sun Jun 22, 2014
Is it in Michigan? How much are you asking?
Dlp, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Thu Oct 14, 2010
We might be interested in purchasing your home. Where is it located? Do you have photos?
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Kris,

FHA is still making loans on manufactured homes. Contact an loan professional and request specific information on what FHA can do for you.

Jackie Pulca…, , New York
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Hi Kris

I am a direct FHA lender, specializing in mortgages for manufactured homes. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I will be happy to prequalify your potential homebuyers for you. A couple of quick tips for FHA financing on manufactured homes.

The home must be on a permanent foundation, which must be certified by an engineer prior to closing that the foundation meets HUD guidelines. The home must be built after June 15, 1976 and must not have been moved from its original installation site. HUD labels must be affixed to each exterior side of the home.
Doublewides only. (If labels cannot be located, I may be able to retrieve them thru IBTS.org)

I do these mortgages all day long. The maximum financing availalbe is 96.50%. The seller may contribute up to 6% in closing costs and prepaids if necessary Please contact me if I can help you secure financing for your buyers. Have a great day.

Jacqueline Pulcano, SVP
United Mortgage Corp. HUD approved since 1992
800-462-4862
jpulcano@unitedmortgage.com
Marty S, , Irvine, CA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Manufactured homes can still have mortgages...

I am a mortgage broker. If I can be of service, please let me know!

Martin Smith

Precision Funding
877-238-6324 Ext 704
513-536-7184
877-238-6324 FAX
MSmith@PrecisionFundingUSA.com
http://www.PrecisionFundingUSA.com