I'm looking for a real estate agent in the Bossier City, LA area who can take a score less than 620 for a VA loan.

Asked by James Morgan, Bossier City, LA Wed Jul 27, 2011

Answers

5
Mischa Angel, Agent, Bossier City, LA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
There is a Rural Development loan where you can go zero down and the credit score can be 600 or more.
There is aa FHA loan that you can have a 580 credit score or more. On this you put 3.5% down.
Please let me know if I can help you. I would love to find you a house. Thank you, Mischa
, ,
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Hi James,

The reason for the difference in your scores is the result of the creditors not reporting to all 3 bureaus. This is why lenders pull a tri-merge credit report and use the middle score.

Just a couple of quick points here.

If you can not be "approved" through an automated underwriting system due to your scores, you'll have to go through a "manual" underwrite and that's going to mean more restrictive guidelines which can make it more difficult for you to qualify.

With lower scores, you'll be limited to how many lenders you can work with and you'll probably end up with higher fees and rates.

The best approach is to have a mortgage professional pull and review your credit report to see what can be done to raise your scores to at least a 620.

There are ways to increase your scores in 2-3 days through rapid re-scoring so it's not necessarily a long drawn out process.
James Morgan, Home Owner, Bossier City, LA
Wed Jul 27, 2011
My 3 scores show to be 620, 597, and 594. I've disputed a few things on my credit reports; still waiting to hear back from them. I don't understand the inconsistency of the first number vs the other two though.
Bill Oman, , Warwick, RI
Wed Jul 27, 2011
I can provide VA home financing for scores under 620. Feel free to contact me. Work with the number 1 lender in the Country and get the best rates and programs along with a "closing guarantee"
Send me your number
Flag Tue Jul 24, 2012
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2011
The number is vague, how much less than 620?