I have a property located in columbia heights but the property is need of some repairs but I lack the money to make the repairs (approximately 15k)

Asked by rfminc2, Washington, DC Wed May 23, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Sun Dec 29, 2013
Hello rfminc2,

How are you doing? Hope all is well. I know you asked this question over a year ago. However just wanted to let you know that many home buyers and sellers make their real estate decision based on how well the Real Estate Market is performing in their area. Here is the latest Columbia Heights/Mt.Pleasant Real Estate Market Report. If you have any questions,please don't hesitate to give me a call or text me at 202-378-0283. http://getdcsold.com/post/4272985/columbia-heights-mt-pleasa…
0 votes
Ja'net Sheen, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Would you consider a lease option. I would be willing to rent the property as is. If you agree,
you can do a lease opt for about two years. This would allow me to fix the property, have a place to live in the meantime, then go to the bank for financing after the two years.
Ja'net 202-256-6982
0 votes
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Wed May 23, 2012
Are you looking to sell the home? If so you may be able to sell the home as is.
It is possible to obtain an equity loan if you have equity.
I can help you contact miekeba@heymannrealty.com
0 votes
Christopher…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
Hello rfminc2,

You have several options here. You may be able to pursue some type of financing to help fund the cost of repairing your home or if you have equity in your property, you may be able to pull some of it out as a home equity line of credit, for which you can use to make the repairs. Additionally, if you have a mortgage and your interest rate is higher than current rates, you may be able to finance into a lower rate to save some money every month on your payments, which could help free up some funds to make the repairs. Finally, as many of my industry colleagues have recommended, you could also sell. If you'd like to know what your property could sell for in the current market, please give me a call or email me. I'd be happy to do a market analysis on your home.

Christopher Bulka
0 votes
Sid Fields, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
Investors may be willing to purchase the property as is and make repairs. You may contact me, if you require assistance locating real estate investors. Sid Fields, Heymann Realty, 301-439-1180 or sidfields2000@yahoo.com
0 votes
Valerie Riggs, Agent, Ellicott City, MD
Wed May 23, 2012
Hello, Our company specializes in selling and renovating properties in the Columbia Heights area. We are historic neighborhood specialists. I would really like to do a walk-through of your property. Please contact me at valerie@bestaddress.com
Web Reference:  http://www.bestaddress.com
0 votes
John Settles…, , Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
You can pursue a Renovation loan to finance the improvements. There are programs for both owner occupants, and investors. Do you live in the property, or is it investment property? I can discuss some options with you. My e-mail is john.settles@wellsfargo.com.


0 votes
M. Cameron S…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
Would you like to make the fixes yourself, and stay in the home, or are you interested in selling the home? Send me an email or give me a call (just click on my name) and we can discuss your goals and I am sure if I cannot help you I can find someone that can.
0 votes
Vincent Hurt…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
Dear rfminc2,

Just about all properties are salable but for a price the market will bear. On Kenyon Street just off of Georgia Avenue, there will multiple offers for a complete shell that is unlivable. I would be happy to discuss your property further as I have been selling real estate in NW DC for over 20 years and live close by.

Yours, Vince

Vincent Hurteau
Continental Properties, Ltd.
0 votes
William Pani…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed May 23, 2012
Is it your hope to sell the property after the repairs are made? If so, I may have a solution fo you.
Contact me at billpanici@aol.com, or (202)277-4675. Thanks.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more